There are many different types of dishwasher detergent on the market these days: pods, liquids, and powders. So which one is the best, and more importantly, which one is best for you? We’ll compare dishwasher detergent pods vs liquid vs powder and help you decide which type is a good fit for your household!
Dishwasher Detergent Pods vs Liquid vs Powder Face-Off
There’s a lot to say in the battle of dishwasher detergent powder vs liquid vs tabs. Let’s talk about each type and its benefits.
Liquid Dishwasher Soap Pros and Cons
Liquid detergent is the most popular option in most places, let’s look at the pros and cons and see why:
- Pro: You can find liquid dishwasher soap at any store
- Pro: Liquid dishwasher soap is usually pretty cheap
- Pro: You can control how much you use, which means less waste
- Pro: Liquid dishwasher soap is easy to use
- Con: It can be messy and difficult to measure
- Con: If you don’t buy the best liquid dishwasher detergent, sometimes it can leave spots or streaks on dishes
Benefits of Dishwasher Detergent Pods
Pods and detergent tabs are the newest options. They make it quick, clean, and easy to get ready for your next load of dishes. Here are the pros and cons:
- Pro: Pods are the easiest and most convenient to use
- Pro: They don’t require any measuring, so there’s no chance of using too much or too little
- Pro: Pods usually dissolve quickly and completely, so you don’t have to worry about spots or streaks
- Con: Pods are usually more expensive than liquid or powder. The difference in dishwasher pods vs liquid cost can be a lot!
- Con: There can be a limited selection in stores
We have also been asked, “are dishwasher pods bad for the dishwasher.” We would say be careful with quick washes and cold temperature washes as sometimes the pod doesn’t have time to dissolve. They are not bad for dishwashers with that in mind.
Is Powdered Dishwasher Detergent Best?
In most homes, it’s a choice between gel or powder dishwasher detergent. Let’s go through the pros and cons of powder dishwasher soap to help you choose:
- Pro: Powder dishwasher soap is usually very affordable
- Pro: It doesn’t usually leave spots or streaks on dishes
- Pro: You can control how much you use
- Con: Powder dishwasher soap can be messy and difficult to measure
- Con: Some people don’t like the smell of powder dishwasher soap
- Con: Sometimes powder can leave behind a residue in the dishwasher
So, which is the best? It really depends on your needs and preferences! If you are looking for something that is easy to use and doesn’t leave streaks or spots, then pods might be the best option. If you are looking for something more affordable, then powder might be the best option. And finally, our personal favorite with a great combo of affordability and ease-of-use, liquid detergent is a great choice. Ultimately, in the fight of dishwasher detergent pods vs liquid vs powder, the decision is up to you!
If you’re having issues with your dishwasher no matter what detergent you use, check out our guide on what to do when your dishwasher leaves dishes dirty and our blog on dishwasher cleaning tips. And of course, if you ever need quality dishwasher service and repair call the team at Sharper Service Solutions!